Thursday, August 23, 2007

Inaugural Words

What is the deal with this music blog? Aren't there dozens out in cyberspace? Why is this one worth reading? Who is this f**king guy and why does he think his opinion matters? Etc. Etc. Etc. Bottom line, I am a fan who not only loves the art form, but has always been intrigued about the business that has been behind it. After reading countless books and articles, talking music with anyone that will listen, exploring thousands and thousands of albums in various genres and spending years working in the industry, I figured why not share some thoughts? I don't really care if you check this out frequently or not, the passion for me to talk music will be here regardless. And maybe, just maybe, some of my words will be intriguing. You never know.....

Music is an outlet, an inspiration, a way to connect with the world and with internal emotions. It has changed my life on many occasions and in many ways. Off the top of my head, two of the most significant pieces of music that affected my life were the entire "Quadrophenia" album by The Who and the phenomenal song "Backstreets" from Springsteen's "Born To Run." Many fans of music can quickly name a couple of pieces that touch their heart, that speak to who they are and maybe define what they are about to a certain degree. That is the beauty. That is why I am addicted and keep coming back for more.


No comments: